If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (631) 653-9595

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fires Don't Have to Burn

2/15/2018 (Permalink)

Fires in the home or workplace may occur from something as simple as an overloaded socket.

Fires can happen anywhere at anytime in the workplace or the home. Home fires are most commonly caused from cooking, candles, careless smoking, space heaters or dirty chimneys. Fires may also erupt from an overloaded outlet or extension cord. 

When it comes to fires in the workplace, the issue, as in the home, is often general negligence. Negligence often refers to leaving food in the microwave too long, leaving hot drinks where they may be spilled on electrical wires, and as in the home, overloading sockets or extension cords.

Most of these fires can be avoided by keeping a vigilant eye on things and regularly checking and maintaining appliances, extension cords and sockets, as well as keeping both home and work environments clean and free of clutter. As well, it helps to prepare for potential fires by keeping fire extinguishers, smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms in high risk areas throughout the house and workplace. Where appropriate, especially in the work environment, think about having fire sprinkler systems installed. As well, make sure family, friends and employees are aware of safety precautions involved to prevent potential fires. 

If your home or business does suffer a fire damage, puff back, water damage, mold damage or bio-hazard event, SERVPRO of The East End is ready 24/7 to be 'Faster to any size disaster' Our team is IICRC trained and certified to make it 'Like it never even happened'. And we will treat your property, family and employees with the utmost of compassion, respect and consideration.

Call SERVPRO of The East End at 631-653-9595. 

Other News

View Recent Posts