New Year's Resolutions for your Business
As a business owner, planning ahead for the New Year is critical to maintaining current goals and setting new objectives. We may often look at New Year’s resolutions as personal goals like losing weight, spending less money, or giving back to the community. While these resolutions are important, we often fail to look at New Year’s resolutions as it relates to our own business. From treating our employees well to creating a solid company culture, being introspective at this time of year should extend beyond our personal goals and move into our business world. The most savvy business owners take time each year around the holidays to reflect on their successes, analyze failures, and set new goals for the year to come.
December is often a busy time of the year for businesses of all kinds. Consequently, it is imperative to be diligent in your efforts to shift your focus to the year ahead. We suggest spending time with your employees in order to get their feedback. By doing so, you may have a better idea as to where to start your business resolutions. Consider the following as you write your company’s New Year’s resolutions:
- What is the industry as a whole doing differently than your company? Where do you see the major trends going?
- How is your competition identifying opportunities in the marketplace? What can you learn from your competitors?
- Who is an outstanding employee? How can you give them more responsibility moving forward?
- What are the overhead costs in your organization? Is there any way to cut those costs?
- Does your office have a happy, positive mindset? Company culture is critical to productivity. Is yours a constructive one?
The answers to these questions can provide the foundation for your company to prosper. Start by writing down your goals and then creating specific targeted lists as to how your business will achieve them.
On behalf of SERVPRO of The East End, we wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2019 and beyond! We continue to be here for all of your commercial cleaning and restoration needs. For over 40 years our goal has been to make it "Like it never even happened." Call us at 631-653-9595 with any questions you may have.