Tips to Get Your Business Organized for the New Year!
Does your East End Office need some decluttering? Here are some tips to help get you started!
As 2018 comes to a close, it's a good time of the year to take a good look around at your work space and take stock of what you need to do before welcoming the New Year.
- Discard what you don't need. We tend to think everything is important and needs to be saved. Go through all of your stuff and ask yourself: Does this item have unnecessary multiples? Does it have a purpose? Is it outdated? Did you even remember you had it before you started your cleaning? Do you really need it?
- Add more storage. Whether it's a shelving system or a filing cabinet, adding more storage to your office will give everything a place to go. Don't go overboard or else you might end up with even more clutter!
- Make sure everything has a place. If things don't have a place to go, they will likely end up cluttering up your desk.
- Address your problem areas. Everyone has that drawer full of random stuff that has no where to go. Organize it by putting things in a more permanent home and adding some drawer dividers.
- Hide your cables. Cables are often a huge source of office clutter. Get rid of the problem by adding a cable box, zip tie your cords together, hide them with cord concealers and hide them behind a desk or other furniture when you can.
- File paperwork daily. How many times have you walked in to an office and to see stacks of paperwork all over? It looks horrible and makes it hard to find anything. Be sure to file paperwork every day to avoid this dilemma.
- Sort your desktop icons. Digital clutter can be just as bad as real life clutter. Put all the extra documents and pictures on your desktop into a folder. Put everything you don't need anymore into the "trash".
- Disinfect and clean. With all the stuff we have to get done in a day, it's easy to forget about something like disinfecting your office. Do it yourself or hire a professional to get rid of those lingering germs!
Whether its giving tips on how to declutter or providing 24/7 emergency services, SERVPRO of The East End is here to help! By decluttering your office, you free your space up for more clarity, new projects and prosperity to enter your life, and what better time to do that than as we enter a New Year?
Need help decluttering? Disinfecting? Cleaning your space? Perhaps a carpet or upholstery cleaning? Call SERVPRO of The East End at 631-653-9595 for more information on the wide range of commercial and residential services. We have been helping businesses like your own on the East End of Long Island with all of your commercial and residential cleaning and restoration needs for over 40 years. "Like it never even happened."